Thursday, December 16, 2004

Tay and Cold Nuts

Happy Birthday, Taryn. One of the great mysteries of life is the fact that you are the offspring of the ImpQueen.

You are the first tall member of the family, and you are more than just another pretty face (or should I say more than a very, very pretty face). You are a good and compassionate young lady who loves God and Brokerbelle and I are very proud of you.

Now for the auto tale that occured on the date of your birth. Brokerbelle and I had spent the night at the hospital. You were born on probably the coldest day of the year. It was well below zero that day.

As I remember it, I went to work that day and on my way to work I had a flat tire. Well, I got out the spare to change it. In order to get the lug nuts off, I had to remove my gloves.

It was so cold that day that the lug nuts kept sticking on my fingers and I had to peel them off.

One of the people I work with , Smitty, came along and kept his car running. I would sit in the car, unfreeze my hands and go back out to work on the lug nuts. Finally we got the tire replaced. It was the coldest day of my life.

I think that I shall always remember that day. You were our first grandchild. You and the ImpQueen lived with us, and Brokerbelle would keep you while the ImpQueen worked.

You will always be special to both us. And while it was cold outside, our hearts burned with a warm love for you and your mother.

Happy Birthday, Taryn.

Love,

HarleyDad

P.S. To read the story of the birth of Tay (Harbow) go to the ImpQueen blog. H.D.

No comments: