Friday, December 17, 2004

HarleyDad and Interpol

By and large, HarleyDad has had the good fortune to avoid most tickets in the United States.

However, my international reputation is not as good.

It all began in Switzerland. I was pulled over randomly by a Swiss Police Officer as I crossed over the Alps. He demanded to see my license , which I quickly provided. Next he wanted to see my passport. Now where was that Passport? I had packed in a bag some where. Now Harley Dad is not a light traveler and I probably had at least a briefcase and two large bags because it was a very long trip. We went through the bags and could not immediately find the passport. Even though the Alps were cool, HarleyDad began to sweat. Finally after going through all the bags a second time and about 40 minutes later, I at last found the Passport. The Swiss patrolman looked at it, thanked me and left. By then he knew that there was nothing in those bags other than clothes.

So my career as an international drug suspect and speed racer had begun.

No comments: