Saturday, October 23, 2004

Heroes in Disguise


Heroes.

They are all around us-if we have eyes to see them. Kudos to the Imp Queen. See her post on Christopher Reeve in October and the before and after pictures she included. So which picture is the picture of the hero.

Most of us have heroes near us.

I work for a living. At my office is a young lady, Thereah. She has a deginerative bone disease and is recently married. I see her young husband help her come into work each morning. She sometimes uses a wheel chair and sometimes crutches. She is quiet, smart and always smiling. Her disabilities are diminished by her positive attitude, her smiles, and the heroism of her and her husband. Each day, I am impressed and inspired. Ordinary folks on the outside, but they are superheroes on the inside.

These courageous young people are teaching me a lesson. I am their student, and they are my teachers.

Heroes are close to us-if we have eyes to see them. This blog from time to time will highlight some of these courageous people. Heroes in Ordinary Guises.

Guts is where you find them!

A Five Star Harley Salute to True Heroes.

Keep Riding.

HarleyDad

No comments: