Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Return of Chocolate

As the world focuses on the important topics of the day, such as the new pope, Benedict XVI, HarleyDad focuses more on the more eternal values that do not change-chocolate! After all popes come and popes go, but chocolate was here even before the popes. Somewhere I heard that the Mayans used chocolate.

So ImpQueen in her blog will deal with popes while I set my eyes on the higher values-chocolate.

My friend Ah-Me at the office snook a look at my blog on Company time (I hope it was on her break) and sent me the following note which I found to be most clever, but probably purloined from another. Here it is:

"If the Swiss want to rule the world, who am I to disagree? Resistance is futile and this takeover would be anything but hostile! Everyone knows that money talks, but...chocolate sings. Beautifully. I put "eat chocolate" at the top of my list of thig to do everyday. That way, I always get at least one thing done!

Here are the rules of chocolate:

1. If you've got melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly.
2. Chocolate covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.
3. Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you will eat less.
4. Eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate to balance your diet.
5. Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.
6. A nice box of chocolates, can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn't that handy?
7. If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. (But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?!)

If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top panty hose. An entire garment industry would be devastated. We can't let that happen, can we?"

Well Ah-Me, thanks for your comments and great quotations. But I don't know about this panty hose bit-I have been eating chocolate for years but HarleyDad has nothing to do with panty hose and refuses to even to consider it.

For your contribution, I am awarding you the car of your dreams-A Chocolate Minicooper. See the picture above. A car so good that you could eat it!

Now a few words to the ImpQueen and her papal blog.

If Ah-Me goes to confession she will probably have to confess things like this:

1. In my heart, I am a murderer because I could kill for chocolate.
2. I have lusted after my neighbors chocolate.
3. I have taken the name of chocolate in vain.
4. I stole a piece of my husbands chocolate bar when he was not looking.
5. I got angry when my husband stole a piece of my chocolate bar.

The person taking the confession (HarleyDad) would probably respond: "Ah-Me these are the high sins of chocolate. The punishment my child is this: 30 days of dieting. White Chocolate only during this period. Your diet beverage during the period of penance may be a chocolate drink."

Now go my daughter and sin some more.

This would be proof positive of the wisdom of HarleyDad and no doubt assure him of a high position, at least in the liberal American church.

HarlyDad

No comments: