Thursday, April 14, 2005

Credo

Credo

I believe that God exists
And I believe that He is loving and good.
I believe that I can receive God’s love
And love others like I should.


I believe that men and women can repent
And can a new way even learn
And I believe that we can forgive
Because we have been forgiven in turn.


I believe that people can give their word
And keep it to their detriment and harm
And I believe that men and women
Can speak the truth and do so without alarm.


I believe that change is possible
And that God can help us love our brother.
And in us God puts His own gifts and abilities
Allowing us to help one another.


And I believe that faith is better than doubt
And hope is better than despair
And I believe that things will balance out
If not here, then later somewhere.


And I believe in Jesus Christ
And that He died for you and me.
And I believe in eternal life
And that life is more than just what we see.


And I believe in a band of brothers and sisters
That to Jesus have taken a vow.
And I believe in God’s Holy Church
And that you and I are a part of it somehow.


And I believe in heaven and earth
And to both we should show some care
Yet heaven of the two is the better place
And someday I hope to see you there.


H.D.

No comments: