Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Red Roses

HarleyDad is like a child and is still learning about life. The topic is roses. The rose sparks the imagination. It is seductive in its beauty. It is dangerous because of its thorns. To have beauty and danger so intertwined, sparks the imagination.

Below is Robert Burn's poem: "My Love is a Red, Red Rose."

O, my luve's like a red, red rose
That's newly sprung in June
O,my luve's like the melodie
That's sweetly play'd in tune

As fair art thou, my bonie lass
So deep in luve am I
And I will luve thee still, my Dear
Till a' the seas gang dry

Till a' the seas gang dry, my Dear
And the rocks melt wi' the sun!
O I will luve thee still, my Dear
While the sands o' life shall run

Well, HarleyDad is may or may not be outdone-so here is my response:

The Rose
Arrayed in silken dress
With hues of yellow and red.
Annointed with lovely perfumes
That beckon, call and possess.
I embrace you to my naked heart
And from me do droplets fall
Of blood newly shed that flows
From a heart pierced by thorns so sharp.
Your beauty did call and beckon
Overshadowing the thorns so hidden
And to my heart I am pierced
And for my folly I now must reckon.
H.D.

No comments: