Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sparky and Afghanistan

I guess Sparky sometimes might ask himself what he is doing in Afghanistan?

It was not really that long ago that he was going into his senior year at Ozarklandia U.

I think the answer is ---Something really important.

Sparky and Beautiful B. sent a few of the Afghanistan pictures to HarleyDad. Of course, he showed them around the office, printed them out and put them in frames and is placing them in his blog.

One of the attorneys commented about the pictures that Sparky was doing something much more important than practicing law. The attorney was right.

Sparky is on the front lines to protect many things. He is protecting my right to worship as I please, the rights to own property and live life in a full and respectable way. He is protecting my freedom of religion. A freedom where I can choose to be Christian or even Muslim if I so choose. That is a freedom that does not exist in the country where he is fighting.

He is fighting in a war where drugs are being used as a weapon to finance terror and to destroy the lives of millions. He is fighting against a militant Islam that coerces people to live by their codes and laws and kills them if they do not.

Sparky is fighting to protect the safety of his country, his wife, and his family.

Yes, I think that what Sparky is doing is pretty important and far more important than the things that I and the attorneys that I work with do on a day to day basis.

So when Sparky is on the mountain, and it is hot as heck or as dry as a bone and boredom sets in, I can only say that Sparky what you and your friends are doing is very, very important.

I am not sure how we can ever thank you, but believe me, what you and the others are doing is greatly admired and appreciated back home.

Thank you.

Love,
Dad

No comments: