Friday, July 21, 2006

Harley Fun

It has been one week since I picked up my new Softtail Deluxe. It has a classic look and is much fun. Now I can whiz by the big trucks and stick out my tongue. No more being blown around and airlifted by the 18 wheelers. The only problem is that my tongue has gotten sunburned by being out so much. Now I know what it is like for those great dogs that you see hanging their heads out the widow as cars go speeding down the turnpike.

Fun, fun, fun. I thought it was supposed to be illegal to have this much fun. Whoops, I guess at the speed I am going it is illegal.

Enclosed are a few pictures of me and my new Harley. I am not in Harley gear. It seems that wearing blue jeans, boots and a shirt with the skull and crossbones on it is inappropriate gear for a corporate lawyer. Ah, but a biker reigns in my heart. Avast, I am a corporate pirate after all. Perhaps I need to become an Investment Banker. Then I could be a takeover artist!!

I may wear the boots however. They add a couple of inches to my height and being tall is always a good thing for someone trying to climb the corporate ladder. They are also good for wading through all the s**t that all of us see in trying to do our job. Who knows, may be there will be fear whereever I go and people will think twice about political backstabbing (thankfully, limited where I work) . At any rate, I will wear the boots with my pin-strip suit and hum the Nancy Sinatra son "These Boots are Made for Walking." That should scare them.

I don't smile in the pictures much. I learned a long time ago that I am not photogenic and I have two choices--somber or goofy. I opted for somber. Goofy corporate attorneys don't inspire much confidence but they do have more fun-it is just that their working life is much shorter.

After all, do you want someone somber and mean working for you or someone goofy. Somber and mean is better anyway. Whoever ever saw a shark looking at you with a goofy look.

One of my fellow attorneys who has a Harley said it was much too pretty and called it a "Foo-Foo Bike." Now that is what I call Harley envy. I would show him a thing or two but he is much larger than I am. So I will simply hum my Nancy Sinatra song and cut his salary next year. That will teach him. See, I am someone to be greatly feared.

HarleyDad

No comments: