Monday, July 17, 2006

Softtail Deluxe

On Friday, Brokerbelle and I went to Kansas City to pick up the new Softtail Deluxe. The process took several hours; but soon I was testing out the new Harley and it worked fine. Next I proceed around Kansas City, via 435 and drove North to Cameron, Missouri. After spending some time there I headed back to Ozarklandia. By the time I returned home at 10:30 p.m. I had already placed about 325 miles on HarleyDad's new little toy.

Saturday, I accompanied Princessbelle to her Green Belt test. It was rough; but Princessbelle showed fortitude and now is the proud owner of a green belt. In this particular style, belts are not given out easily. There are no paperbelts and sometimes intermediates in the style are known to have success against blackbelts in other styles. All I can say is that it is rough and character building. Her character, of course. HarleyDad walked away emotionally exhausted. Brokerbelle voluntarily abstains from attending after going after a 7th degree blackbelt who was not being nice to Princessbelle during the last test. In fact I noted that several other mothers this time were waiting outside the dojo. At any rate, I was emotionally exhausted after the test and am quite satisfied that Princessbelle is not tested too often.

On Sunday we went to our local B_ _ _ _ _ _ _ church. We want to go to a place that has a good youth group for Princessbelle. For the second time the youth group did not even meet for Sunday School. It looks like we will continue our search elsewhere. Incredible.

Sunday afternoon it was over 100 degrees, but I went for a ride. Roamed about Cartago, visited the monastery and headed home down what is probably the ugliest and longest main street in America. Like a teenager I had to go down the drag with the new bike. Pictures to come soon.

A persistent rumor continues that I have a dear son in Afghanistan. We do not know whether it is true or not; however one person has claimed to have actually spoken with him. His business is secret and so are his pictures; so we can not be certain; but we suspect that he may still be there and we pray for him daily.

HarleyDad

No comments: