Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Michael, Michael-Tell me True

"Michael Jackson Exonerated on All Counts"-that is what the papers read and the media proclaims.

Whether we agree with the result or not, is not the question. We abide by a legal system whereby the accused gets a jury of his peers and guilt must be proven "with out a doubt."

The bar is set high for guilt. That is the price we pay for a legal system that is geared toward letting the guilty go free if there is doubt as to their guilt.

Obviously the jurors found one or more of the witnesses for the prosecution to be less than credible.

I , for one, am not in favor of doing away with the jury system. It may not always get it right but it is better than any other system I could improvise. Further, I was not there and did not sit through all the evidence.

I do know this however. Juries can be fooled and the use of the system does not always guarantee truth. God knows the truth. As a matter of faith, I believe that God dispenses justice either on earth or on heaven.

God is a judge that is not blinded and knows the whole truth and the complete truth. High paid lawyers and powerbrokers all will answer to the judge who knows all.

I thought what Jesse Jackson said after the trial is telling. Yahoo news wrote: "Civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, who has advised the pop star, said the trial had been "an excruciating process." He added, "Michael must assess the implications of the conduct that got him into trouble."

Now if that is not telling, I don't know what is.

Sometimes we wait a season for justice.

No comments: