Thursday, June 23, 2005

Childhood Poetry

"I remember", said HarleyDad. The pictures below causes me to remember one of the first poems I ever learned. Children today do not learn poems or poetry, at least not most of them. So get ready here is the fine poetry I learned:

Fishey, Fishey in the brook
Papa catch you with a hook
Mama fry you in a pan
Baby eat you like a man.

Now if that poem is not at one of the lower levels of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, I don't know what is.

If you can kill it, then go eat it. Yum!

I love Childrens poems and prayers. They used to be basic. "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep and if I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take."

No wonder I couldn't sleep as a child. I kept thinking I might die before I wake up. If that is not realistic then again I don't know what is. Go to sleep if you dare, but if you do, someone may sneak up and kill you-but don't worry you might be able to go to heaven. (Note that it just said that you had requested entrance into heaven.)

I guess the good news if that you ask, you will receive.

Now Children go to sleep thinking of Pokemon or Sponge Bob. I think we had it better.

This is Grumpy, I mean Harley Dad signing off, wondering as all the prior generations have, whether the next generation will be able to make it. Don't think so, but who knows, we did.

H.D. Grinnin'

No comments: