Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A Harley Weekend

This past weekend was a Harley Weekend.

On Friday, I rode to Roaring River State Park in Missouri known for its great trout fishing.

From there I rode to Branson.

On Sunday afternoon I rode from Branson to Eureka Springs and back.

On Monday I left from Branson about 5:45 A.M. and returned to the office about 10 A.M.

The back roads of S.W. Missouri and North West Arkansas were filled with twists and turns.

Around Branson and the lakes, the roads coming home were covered by a wet cool fog that upped the danger level in riding. The danger was not that you could not see the road in front of you but that cars coming up behind you might not see you as well.

Some Harley riders like to ride with friends. Others ride alone. Harley Dad is one that generally rides alone.

And so I shot across the back winding roads of Missouri and Arkansas. Me and the farmers and the cows. Some roads were so deserted that you might think that they belonged to another age and were not used.

The air was fresh and the sun was shining as I rode, what more could you ask for.

No comments: