Monday, February 14, 2005

Hit the Road

The clouds cleared slightly and it was time to hit the Roads.

HarleyDad loves the backroads of life.

My life for many years was made for the expressways and the freeways. I wanted to get to everything in the fastest and most efficient way possible. I did not take the time to smell the roses. I was direct and time driven. No more.

Now I am a person of the backroads. The further that they go into the country the better. If they are twisting and turning, so much the better. The lonely road is fine with me. (One of my nick names was the "Lone Wolf" since I had a tendancy to keep to myself. Now the Road Not Taken intrigues me.

Let others be the expressway riders.

To some degree, when I am on the Harley and traveling alone with my camera, I am my own true self. I have connected with something that is essentially me. I am at peace.

A few of the shots from yesterday's ride are posted above. The skies were grey and so the pictures are not very good. I have much to learn about photography and hope to learn more as I proceed.

HarleyDad

No comments: