Saturday, February 19, 2005

Benjamin Franklin Senior High School

Benjamin Franklin Senior High School was a school that was considered to be an accelerated school when I attended it. You had certain minimum requirements to get in at the time. I believe the minimum I.Q. requirement was 120.

But once you got in, you had to stay in. Our class began with about 210 people and over three years was whittled down to about 69 people. That was academic pressure. But you were with the brightest and the best and all of you were young. Most of us worked very hard and were very busy. It was wonderful. It was a great opportunity and privilege, made more precious by the people that were there. I think the academic pressure made us a "band of brothers and sisters" in a way, just as war causes people to mold into a unit and depend on each other. And we often did depend on one another.

This weekend is the millionth year reunion of the Class. Some great people will be there. But I have a Board Meeting next week and so can not attend.

I take this opportunity to thank all of my class mates.

A few personal words:

Dayton Castleman-I am in Joplin and Branson and you are in Northern Arkansas, perhaps we can get together some time.

Wayne Gordon-Thanks for your friendship over the years. Our touch football games are still a special memory for me. When I think of my friends as a young adult, your memory comes to me.

Kathy Light-Thanks for all the parties you invited me to. I still remember wonderful discussions at your house. I appreciated being included. I appreciate the friendship you extended to me.

Dave Alexander-Where has life taken you? You were such a close friend. I hope all has gone well with you.

George Truett-I hope things are going well with you in California. You have my best regards.

Kanola-I hear you are an artist in Austin. My son Stephen is also an artist. I would love to see your work someday.

Henry and Martin: Thanks for being some of the intellectual leaders of our class.

All the rest: I remember you all.

Thanks to all who worked on the reunion.

Have a great reunion! I am proud to be a part of you.

No comments: