Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sin and The Blessing

It is easy to see "sin" or wrong actions in the lives of others. If someone commits a crime against ourselves or our family, we have no problem in identifying the "sin". Likewise, if someone does us wrong at work or is unfair, we easily recognize sin.

What is so easy to see in others, is more difficult to see in ourselves. In the Bible sin is seen as "missing the mark." We all miss the mark of being perfect and true.

During the night I woke up and realized that probably my worst sin, although there are many, is not loving God enough. It is that lack of love that results in my life falling short. A lack of love of God also translates to a lack of love of people. Love is kind and does not take advantage of others.

And so once again I am left with grace. The free sacrifice of Jesus Christ who took the penalty of death for my sin and extended to me His life and Spirit as a free gift that I might truly live despite my short comings, which would otherwise be fatal.

And so whether I go to church or sit in my office or ride my motorbike, I am thankful for this free gift.

This is the blessing of God.

HarleyDad

No comments: