Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ride to the Golden Gate

This weekend was the time to ride. Rode to Branson. Yesterday, I came home the long day. As my father used to say, "I guess we took a long cut."

I left Branson about noon and proceeded to Eureka Springs. I ate at Bubba's Bar B-Que. I only shot the mailbox. At Bubba's they had a wine list. I figured that when I opened it up it would read as follows:

Beer
Beer
Beer
Beer
Beer

I was wrong.

After Bubba's, I headed to Road Hawg's Leather Shop. Then I went to Beaver Lake Dam. Later I headed on 187 to the town of Beaver and rode over a one lane suspension bridge.

The road was called "Golden Gate." It looks like some one had a sense of humor.

Later I hit Highway 37 and came into Joplin. I had been on the road for 5 1/2 hours in 100 degree heat and I looked like it.

HarleyDad

No comments: