Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ride to Branson

Froze myself I did. Rode to Branson in 45 degree temperature. It was about a three hour ride. One hour is OK but by three hours one gets pretty cold. Perhaps "pretty" is the wrong word to use. The clouds were cloudy but the internet promised beautiful weather on Saturday and Sunday.

On Saturday it was beautiful and the internet was correct. On Saturday we met up with Gwyn-Do-Lyn ("G") in Springfield. G is the beautiful daughter of Bat Woman but that is another story. At anyrate, G came to Branson where Brokerbelle showered her with beautiful clothing. We had a nice visit and she went back to Springfield the next day. More about G. some other time.

On Sunday, I was ready for my great photography outing to Dogwood Canyon. The internet lied. Instead of sunshine it was cloudy and cold. Those sunshine faces shown on the Weather internet places were no place to be seen.

Finally I headed off to Dogwood Canyon to take pictures and then after walking about 8 miles in Harley boots I saw a few small patches of sun. I felt a certain kinship to my son Sparkey who was probably off training and marching in the military so that he can take fine cooking to the natives of Afghanistan and speak to them in the French that he learned in the Defense Language Institute. Oh, Monseur, you are using the wrong spoon for your Afghan soup. How terrible! Mon Deux!! Yes, that's it--- take American culture to them in the form of good French cuisine. They will be so confused. That's disinformation for you.

Then it was time to head home. By the time I got home I was one of the "frozen chosen." I probably looked like a purple popcycle stick riding a Harley.

A few pictures of Dogwood Canyon are posted above.

No comments: