Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Delhi Belly

Well that is what they call it. Delhi Belly. And I admit, I have it-in spades. In Mexico, it is known as Montezuma's revenge. At any rate, I seem to have brought back a little intestinal souvenir from New Delhi. And in addition, I did not even include it on my customs forms since I got it for free. In addition, the condition of Delhi Belly evidently was accompanied by a severe inflamation of my right ankle from the travel and change of foods causing me temporarily to use a cane. Ah, how painful it is.

To add insult to injury, the attorney who accompanied me to India, loved the food and feels great after his return from India. Not that I want him to feel bad, mind you. It is only that I hope to feel better. Better one sick rather than two sick.

I am now on an antibiotic regimene that hopefully will improve matters. Could the 20+ years in age have anything to do with it? Who knows.

Tourist class travel across the world to developing countries is apparently taking its toll on HarleyDad.

As one Indian attorney told me, if you get dysentery, you will loose weight and be better looking for your girl friends. I keep looking around but don't see any increased attraction. Perhaps you have to get dysentery twice for it do any good. So much for Indian legal advice!

I will blog when I feel better.

HarleyDad

1 comment:

impletqueen said...

Congratulations on the acquisition of your new pets! While rhizopod protozoan pseudopods can be difficult to housebreak, I'm sure your colonic colony will soon be right at home.

Or maybe you just wanna take a lot more Flagyl, and get rid of the little things before you end up with your own internal "Trouble With Tribbles" episode.

Get well soon - I'm glad you're home!

love, your charming firstborn