Saturday, September 23, 2006

Swiss Ride

It was a trip of a life time. Many thanks to Brokerbelle and Shan Tora for letting me go. It was a dream come true.

Four days on a Harley in Switzerland. I rented a Harley Road King from Pelican Harley Davidson. The people were really nice. Info about them is below:

Harley-Davidson Zurich
Mullerstrasse 34a
CH 8004 Zurich

I contacted them by writing to www.harleydavidson-zh.ch They are great people and will help you in everyway possible.

The ride began in Zurich then to Bonn and then to romantic Interlaken. After Interlaken I went up Grimsel pass then up the Fuerka Pass to see the Rhone glacier and then back down again and then over the Nufenen pass down to Locarno where I stayed on Lake Maggiore.

Then I rode to Lugano and down by Lake Lugano into Italy. I next followed Lake Como through the small Italian villages to San Moritz in Switzerland. By accident I went up the Bernina pass had lunch and then back down again. Next I went over the Fluela pass and then to Valduz, Liechtenstein for the night. Next I went to Appenzel and then back to Zurich.

My trip took four days and extended over 1000 kilometers.

My wife and I have always loved Switzerland and it was a wonderful opportunity to see a beautiful country and to visit Leichtenstein for the first time.

It was the ride of a life time. However, quite frankly, I have seen enough passes for now.

Will the small hills of the Ozark be boring now? I think not. I am a great lover of the Ozarks and find that there are pleasant places to pull off and shoot photograps. Here in Switzerland the riding is challenging enough (at least for a flatlander like me) that it is hard to do both. I am posting just a few pictures.

HarleyDad

1 comment:

impletqueen said...

i should like to note that you also had my permission to go gallivanting about in the Alps.

Great pictures. You look like a Road King, and i mean that in the very best way.