Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Music Man

Last night was culture night. Rumor had it that a production of the Music Man was going to be put on by the Nixa High School in Nixa, Missouri. Further the beautiful Christmasbelle also known as Tay or Taybelle was going to dance in it as part of the chorus.

Despite the fact that Taybelle is a granddaughter, HarleyDad was not brimming with excitement having been victimized by many a school play; nonetheless, the family was all in high good humor as we left on the quest for cultural enlightenment and family support.

Wow, could I ever have been so wrong. The play was outstanding. Of course, Taybelle should have had the leading role (what else would a very proud grandfather say?). The cast members were outstanding and it was evident that intense work had gone into the play.

The play was semi-professional. The first song was so good that the ImpQueen and Brokerbelle had to help pick up HarleyDad from the floor. Despite the fact that I had seen the play on a number of occasions, this was hands down the best I have ever seen. What is more, I had intended to nap and to catch up from my jet lag and had to put off my nap until the drive home.

(HarleyDad claims to be nightblind and so Brokerbelle drives sometimes at night. Disabilities can be great. I wonder if I can get a handicapped sticker now). One that comes on at night.

A great time was had by all.

While we were watching the play the other half of the family, Princessbelle, Mr. Monarch and the ImpPrince were at a karate practice. As for me, I was right where I wanted to be and it was great!!!

Pictures of the beautiful Christmasbelle are set forth above.


HarleyDad

No comments: