Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Music of the Spheres

Above the level of sound
In the heavens it plays
Angels songs are singing
Around the throne of God

And in the church we are praising
And the angels join us singing
Til we are gloriously transported
Into the very presence of God

At the creation of earth
The angels sang in glory
And at the birth of Christ
The angels sang again

In the resurrection time
All things became new
And the angels sing in joy
A new and wondrous song

And sometimes I think I hear
In Bach, Beethoven and Mozart
A trace of angels songs
Resident in man’s heart.

And I hear angelic song
In the call of the birds in the morning
And in the mothers
Sweet sung lullaby

And I hear the music of creation
As I watch the moon and stars
And then hear it again
At sunrise each morning

It is the music of the spheres
Felt in the rustle of the wind
And resident in the black church
Sung with joyful love.

It is the music of the soul
And it vibrates in my heart
It’s time for my life to vibrate
In tune with the music of the Spheres
.

No comments: