Saturday, February 25, 2006

Why Geese and Turkeys

Right now I am not writing much. A picture is worth a thousand words. And so for a while my blog focuses on pictures.

As a young boy I can remember loving being outdoors. I would play, walk, and explore. The wonders of nature were later crowded out by school. Lots of school. High school, college, a graduate degree and a law degree. Then there were the demands of family and church and work.

God is gracious. As I have become more simple and child-like, God has allowed me to explore again the wonders of his creation. I pray to have His eyes about things. About nature. And perhaps when I am ready and God is gracious I will see His beauty again in people. It is easy to loose the ability to see good in people due to the evil that we all do. And like Paul, I am the first of sinners.

Someday, there will be redemption of people and even of nature.

There is a simplicity in the turkeys and geese. There is also wonder and incredible complexity. Just think of it. What if I told our military leaders, you must make a machine that will fly, it must seek out its own power source, it must be able to fly low and high and land in limited areas. It must take care of its own maintenance and be able to make others like itself. Behold the goose!

With all of our technology and science, we cannot create anything approaching the goose. We can not duplicate the wonder and delicateness of a simple flower. The best perfumers only duplicate the smell of the rose.

I live in a world filled with the wonders of God. My eyes see beauty around me. Yes there are ugly parts of nature. The lion does still eat the lamb. But the day will come when there will be redemption. And then the lion shall lay down with the lamb and the little child will play with the adder. Nature did not start off ugly and it will not end that way. That's a Promise.

God is gracious. He hears the call of the young lions and provides even them with food.

H.D.

No comments: