Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I Was There

Sometimes it is not a question of who we are but where we are. I was thinking about the Apostles. Their claim to fame was not always their character, although I believe that is very important, but the fact that they were there. They were there when Jesus taught. They were with Jesus at the Last Supper. They saw his resurrection with their own eyes. Their claim to fame was that they had seen Jesus with their own eyes, they had walked with him and they had seen his resurrection. They were there.

If one of my relatives had been at the Declaration they would have been famous because they had been there. Those soldiers who survived D-Day could say that they were there and they could always be proud of that fact.

So sometimes it is not whether we are good but whether we are there that counts. Above are some photographs of a sunset last night. The photos are good. Not because I am a good photographer (I am only a novice)--but I was there.

When God is at work, it is hard for us not to look good. We look good not because we are good (we depend on the precious grace purchased by Blood), but we look good because of the reflected glory of God.

HD

No comments: