Friday, May 25, 2007

Shan Tora and St. Peter's

May is the time of graduations. Sparky has graduated from OCS. TayBelle, granddaughter of HarleyDad and Brokerbelle, has graduated from Nixa High School and Shan Tora, daughter of HarleyDad and Brokerbelle, has graduated from St. Peter's.

Above are some of the graduation pictures of Shan Tora. The graduation was celebrated with a mass at St. Peter's. Having attended many graduations, I was surprised and delighted to attend a graduation that celebrated Christ as well as the graduate.

These days, any time I have a relative or friend graduate from anything, it is time to give thanks to God. An Israelite king and sage, Solomon, wrote that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Well, I don't know about you but I don't have enough wisdom yet.

HarleyDad has two post- college degrees. I have been a college teacher and a lawyer. Quite frankly, I am not a brilliant guy and therefore I needed all the help possible to get those degrees. And I thank God for that help. Although I am in my later years of life, I still am a student and I still want to learn. Every day. As I have gotten older, I have returned to the basics of life and the basics of faith.

Jesus said that if we would enter into the heaven, we would become as little children. And so laying aside degrees and learning, I return to simplicity and basics. In doing so, I am like a child and see many things with eyes of wonder.

Deep scriptural teaching and the interrelationships of world systems and politics are way too complicated for me. It's back to basics.

I am proud of Shan Tora. She is competing against smart dedicated kids. She has worked hard. So graduation from Middle School means as much to me as graduating with a doctorate from Harvard or the Sorbonne.

The pictures are from the mass and graduation from a small Catholic school in Ozarklandia.

HarleyDad

No comments: