Sunday, April 01, 2007

Chinese Pugs

Copyright E.Jett 2007

The Boss of the Temple Night Market in Hong Kong is a Chinese Pug.

I had hoped that this pug was one of the dishes being served that night. Unfortunately that is not the case. It turns out this pug actually had his own booth and owned several others at the Temple Night Market. And so I had finally met the Big Dog in charge. He told me the food was wonderful and that if I would get down on all fours and bark like him I would get many delicious handouts of noodles and fish.

I discussed with the Boss my acquaintance with Max the Pug that belongs to ImpQueen (or vice versa). The Boss Pug said that he knew Max and immediately offered me 10% off all Pug wares in the Temple Night Market.

These dogs are following me everywhere and even becoming more pugnacious in pursuing me overseas.

Even in Hong Kong I was not safe from them.

Many special places have Pugs guarding the doors to keep away evil spirits instead of Chinese lions.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

impletqueen said...

Not only is Max, Buddha Pug, comfortable with his Hong King mob connections, he is also at one with his pug nature, lying under a sunbeam and offering me 10% off anything in my own house with purchase of dog food.

Ching, Castle Pekingese, thinks he looks better as a statue as he isn't so fat and his tongue doesn't hang out so much. Whatever.

Harley Dad said...

It is absolutely clear that my blog has gone to the dogs!